Quota Immigrant Visa
Overview of Our Services
Our Firm evaluates and, if complete, endorses the application
to the Bureau of Immigration (BI) for the issuance of the visa.
We will also help the applicant complete and/or prepare the
documentary requirements if necessary.
What are the qualifications for
Quota Immigrant Visa applicants?
1. Lawfully entered the Philippines and remains under a lawful
2. No record of any derogatory information in any local or foreign
law enforcement agency.
3. Not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome
4. Not violated any law or ordinance.
5. Possessed of qualifications, skills, scientific, educational or
technical knowledge which will advance and be beneficial to the
6. Has a reciprocity agreement for a
similar resident visa between his/her country and the Philippines.
7. Not been confined in any mental
8. Has sufficient capital for a viable
and sustainable investment which is approved by the Commissioner of
Types of Quota Immigrant Visa
1. Preferred Quota Immigrants
Immigrants who are the fathers and mothers of Filipino citizens who
are 21 years of age or over, Wives, husbands and unmarried children
under 21 years of age, of aliens lawfully admitted into the
Philippines for permanent residence and who resides there.
2. Non-Preferred Quota Immigrants
Every quota immigration visa applicant is presumed to be a
non-preference quota immigrant applicant unless he establishes to
the satisfaction of a consular official and immigration official
that he is entitled to preference status.
Guzman Taņedo & Acain
Alexander Llanes Acain, Jr.
Immigration Litigation Head